Question on ARM Cortex R4 support in Linux

Armando Visconti armando.visconti at st.com
Mon Feb 20 04:52:55 EST 2012

Ciao Catalin,

>>> In theory Linux support for R4 should just work (once CONFIG_MMU is
>>> disabled). I used to test it in the past regularly but not recently.
>>
>> Great. I was planning to use linux-3.2, I hope the support is there ?
>
> It's been there for years, but some bit-rotting may have occurred.

I'm assuming you have tried it on a FPGA solution, is that correct?

We are planning to buy a Cortex-R4 board from ARM.
Lionel Belnet suggested to buy Versatile + a CoreTile with Cortex-R4F
r1p2 Test Chip on it.

Is there any Linux/ucLinux support already offered for this solution?
Any other idea?

Thx,
Arm

--
-- "Every step appears to be the unavoidable consequence of the
-- preceding one." (A. Einstein)
Computer System Division          e-mail: armando.visconti at st.com
ST Microelectronics               TINA:   051  4683