remoteproc: Load coprocessor code to the specific main memory location

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Wed Feb 15 07:47:30 EST 2012

Ohad Ben-Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:
>> Here is how it is achieve
>>        ret = dma_declare_coherent_memory(&zynq_freertos.dev, 0,
>>                                0, 0x10000000, DMA_MEMORY_MAP);
>>
>> which is fully compatible with remoteproc.
>
> Great, this is what we've been doing with davinci too.

Cool.

>> Do you have any example of using it?
>
> What exactly are you looking for ? RTOS or Linux side ?

Both side will be great. Rtos is freertos.

> On the Linux side, you can just make the rpmsg sample work (it's part
> of the rpmsg patch set). For the RTOS side, feel free to just take our
> code (it's BSD licensed and hosted on github) and adapt it to your
> environment.

You mean that server_sample and rpmsg_omx right?
I have also found rpmsg-omx demo application.
What I am missing is how to probe rpmsg bus.
Do you have any working example?

Communication between cpus is done through swirqs. I have test sending it from linux to rtos.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)