[regression] Re: Enabling runtime P2V by default

Jonathan Nieder jrnieder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:23:29 EST 2012

Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> You really do want to have uboot patched.  Who knows what other latent
> issues are there that you don't know about.

Ah, sorry for the lack of clarity.  I don't believe this u-boot patch[1]
has been committed anywhere, so even people with the latest u-boot are
affected.  It's just available from the mailing list archive.

"It's not worth working around this bootloader bug" may still be the
right answer.  After all, in a couple of months presumably most people
will have the patch applied.  And for all I know, it might not even be
possible to work around this bootloader bug, short of flipping the P2V
default again (which seems like a bad idea).  I just wanted to make
sure you were aware of it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/124051/focus=124062