patch "tty: serial: OMAP: ensure FIFO levels are set correctly in non-DMA" added to tty tree

Grazvydas Ignotas notasas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 06:42:13 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM, NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 22:45:53 -0700 (MST) Paul Walmsley <paul at pwsan.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Feb 2012, NeilBrown wrote:
>>
>> > then CPUIDLE enters lower states and I think it uses less power but I
>> > sometimes lose the first char I type (that is known) but also I sometimes get
>> > corruption on output.
>>
>> I don't see any output corruption on 35xx BeagleBoard, either with or
>> without these patches.  So this is presumably a 37xx-centric problem, and
>> unrelated to these patches, I would guess.
>
> Maybe it is 37xx specific.  I think this is a DM3730.

Not sure if it's the same problem but with 3530 on 3.2 with
sleep_timeout set, I usually get first char dropped (as expected) but
sometimes I get corrupted char instead too. Corrupt char seems to
almost always happen if I set cpufreq to powersave, on performace it's
almost always ok, so maybe it's some timing problem,

--
Gražvydas