[v3] Add basic address decoding support for Marvell 370/XP

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Aug 21 07:50:45 EDT 2012

Le Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:37:24 +0200,
Sebastian Hesselbarth <sebastian.hesselbarth at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have reworked addr-map to allow for both Armada 370/XP and Orion SoCs
> merging into mach-mvebu. Instead of reusing PLAT_ORION this is totally
> independent but reusing as much code as possible. I can send it hopefully
> today if I get it cleaned up. I also have irq-mvebu, irq-orion, and time-mvebu
> patches that merge code. With that patches booting Dove into mach-mvebu
> works until DMA kicks in because XOR hasn't event touched for DT support
> and is still missing.
>
> Armada 370/XP should still work as they do with current patches in for-3.7
> with little changes in DT. But that of course must be tested by you.

Ok, I will look at your code, but the purpose of
PLAT_ORION/PLAT_ORION_LEGACY was not only to re-use the addr-map code,
but also to allow drivers to access the header files containing their
platform_data structure and other stuff (i.e, all the header files from
arch/arm/plat-orion/include/). How do you handle this problem if
MACH_MVEBU is not a PLAT_ORION platform?

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com