ARM hugetlb support?

bill4carson bill4carson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:55:17 EDT 2012

On 2012年08月20日 07:18, Grazvydas Ignotas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are developing an application that's drawing various geometry on
> 1024x1024 framebuffer (lines, triangles, etc) and is running on
> Cortex-A8 CPU. It seems this kind of application is suffering badly
> from TLB misses, as A8 only has 32 entry TLB cache.
>
> I've found that hugetlb support patches have been posted some months
> ago [1]. I've been testing them with very good results [2]. Are there
> still plans to further develop them and eventually merge them?

Hi, Grazvydas

I'm glad you got performance boost with my hugetlb patch!

It's a pity this patch series probably will not be developed.
I really don't have much time to continue with the development,
especially provide statistics how arm huge tlb could be tunned
well to produce better performance, that's based on much testing
and also application specific.

Anyway, query and discussion are always welcome.

--
Love each day!

--bill