[RFC 3/6] arm: cache-l2x0: add support for Aurora L2 cache ctrl

Gregory CLEMENT gregory.clement at free-electrons.com
Wed Aug 8 12:52:20 EDT 2012

On 08/08/2012 06:30 PM, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
> On 08/08/2012 05:19 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 04:05:03PM +0100, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
>>> +static void aurora_pa_range(unsigned long start, unsigned long end,
>>> +                       unsigned long offset)
>>> +{
>>
>> This controller is used by Armada XP right? I think that SoC supports LPAE,
>> so please tell me that the above is a mistake and the controller can support
>> physical addresses > 32 bits!
>
> Yes indeed this SoC support LPAE.

Well Armada XP supports LPAE but don't use any outer cache functions, he works
with the Aurora cache controller on 'system cache'.
Armada 370 uses this outer cache functions but doesn't support LPAE.

But it seem possible to use the Aurora controller as an 'outer cache' on an
Armada XP. In this case we need to handle this case, even if I am not sure when
someone wanted to select this use case.

>> If so, you'll need to hack the cache-l2x0 driver to use phys_addr_t types
>> instead of unsigned longs.
>
> Ok I will look at this.
>

>> Will

Gregory Clement, Free Electrons