[alsa-devel] DT support for Davinci ASoC platform

Porter, Matt mporter at ti.com
Wed Aug 8 10:48:19 EDT 2012

On Aug 8, 2012, at 9:36 AM, Daniel Mack wrote:

> Hi Serkar,
>
> On 03.08.2012 11:09, Sekhar Nori wrote:

>>> May I ask whether you made any progress on that yet?
>>
>> Matt Porter from TI is working on DMA engine migration. This would still
>> be some time away since there is a bunch of work involved here.
>>
>> To make progress on Audio DT conversion Gururaja is doing an up port of
>> AM335x EDMA support from TI release to mainline kernel. If you are
>> interested in it, he can probably share that with you once he posts his
>> DT patches.
>
> As the DMA engine is also a requirement for the MMC controller, I would
> be interested in helping, in case help is required. Is there any
> repository with code that I can have a look at?

I'm just getting to the point now where I *almost* have something to push
to my github repo and post. It'll be Davinci-specific to start since it's
a wrapper around mach-davinci/dma.c and includes only memcpy and SG transfer
type support initially...plus conversions of davinci spi/mmc drivers.

There'll be a bit of work to get the omap-dma.c-dependent channel filtering
removed from the omap hsmmc and mcspi drivers so they can provide a filter
that works with either dmaengine driver. Also, that means DT support for
the actual dmaengine driver too and some glue to configure the crossbar.

I'll copy you when I get this RFC series posted and we can go from there.

-Matt