Tegra for-next branch status check

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Wed Apr 25 14:21:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Stephen Warren <swarren at wwwdotorg.org> wrote:
> Arnd, Olof,
>
> Could I please ask you to take a quick look at Tegra's git repo:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/swarren/linux-tegra.git
>
> ... and double-check the construction of all the for-3.5 branches. I've
> tended to mostly put stuff in topic branches rather than separating
> things into the perhaps more typical soc/drivers/dt branches. Is this
> scheme going to work out OK?
>
> Note a couple dependencies in there:
>
> for-3.5/gpio-pinmux-dependency is a copy of pinctrl's "base" tag.
>
> for-3.5/gpio-pinmux depends on for-3.5/gpio-pinmux-dependency
>
> for-3.5/tegra30-audio and for-3.5/usb-ulpi both depend on
> for-3.5/gpio-pinmux.
>
> Thanks for any feedback.

Looks good. Keeping the changes per topic like that works well,
especially in cases where the cross-dependencies don't get too heavy
(and they are not at this time). Even though we will aggregate them to
fewer branches in arm-soc, getting them sent up as shorter topic
branches is great.

If you wanted to separate things out a bit more between soc and board
changes, you could split off some of the top commits from the topic
branches to a secondary board branch. But given that most of tegra now
is just two DT boards, there's no real need to keep those few commits
separated out.

-Olof