Bug in v7_coherent_kern_range() ?

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Wed Apr 11 06:24:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:06:26AM +0100, Huang Shijie wrote:
> Ok. Can you please:
>
> (a) Make your test case available somewhere?
>

> I wish i could find a more common test case to reproduce this bug. But, i can't.
> The only test case now is to run the gplay on our IMX6Q platform.

Ok, that makes it tricky since I don't have gplay or an IMX6Q platform.

> (b) Try a more recent mainline kernel (3.3)?
>

> yes, I will try to test the linaro kernel.

Can you not try vanilla mainline instead? Either way, let me know how you
get on.

> The info of the libc:
>      GNU libc version: 2.13
>      GNU libc release: stable

That looks new enough for swp not to be an issue.

If you still have this problem with a newer kernel, we can try using the
fallback SMP futex implementation and see if that works.

Will