[CPUFREQ] Fix exposure of ARM_EXYNOS4210_CPUFREQ

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Wed Apr 4 12:43:28 EDT 2012

On 04/04/12 08:07, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 04:03:53PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 10:59:17AM -0400, 'Dave Jones' wrote:
>>> On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 03:52:04PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
>>>   >  On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 05:59:13PM -0700, Kukjin Kim wrote:
>>>   >  >  Russell King wrote:
>>>   >  >>  As predicted, this is breaking other ARM platforms.  Please fix this
>>>   >  >>  yourself before your crappy code gets pushed into mainline.  Thanks.
>>>   >  >>
>>>   >  >  I fixed it.
>>>   >
>>>   >  When will we see patches or the fix in mainline?
>>>
>>> Just send it to Linus directly.
>>
>> 'it'... well, that implies that someone already has a patch.  I've asked
>> Kukjin to fix the problem which he introduced because exynos is getting
>> rather complicated, and he'll know what the dependencies should be.  So
>> far I've yet to see any kind of patch fixing this stuff.
>>
>> Meanwhile I'm seeing failing randconfig builds for non-exynos ARM for
>> about a week due to the lack of dependencies.
>
> Actually, given that this has been known about since Feb 13th, I'm now
> going to ask for the exynos cpufreq updates to be reverted because
> there's clearly no motivation to fix this crap Kconfig shite.  Having
> it tossed out of mainline will provide the necessary motivation to get
> people to fix their own fuckups.

Hmm, sorry about that. Actaully, I missed its fix when implemented
cpufreq exynos4x12 and exynos5250. But as I said, its build failure has
been introduced from last merge window, so I think, it can be fixed in
this during -rc.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.