[GIT PULL] dmtimer changes for v3.2 merge window

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Sep 30 16:52:50 EDT 2011

On Friday 30 September 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> How about a branch called driver?
>
> There are still lots of pieces of code under arch/arm that should
> be eventually moved to live under drivers. For example the mux
> code and most of PM code can eventually be under drivers.

Yes, good idea! For the omap/voltage series, I currently plan to
group that with pm changes for that I got for the other socs
this time, but if there was less of it, that could also be drivers.

> But before that can be done some preparation is often needed,
> the actual move to live under drivers should be handled then
> by the driver and subsystem maintainers.

I think in some cases we first need to nominate a subsystem
maintainer who can take the drivers, but that's a different
issue.

	Arnd