[patch] ARM: smpboot: Enable interrupts after marking CPU online/active

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Fri Sep 30 02:42:23 EDT 2011

Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> > Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > But as Amit said, current EXYNOS4 SoCs which are using SPI for local timers
> > has problem that the irq_set_affinity() method is called in
> > percpu_timer_setup() before CPU1 becomes online with the commit
> > 5dfc54e087c15f823ee9b6541d2f0f314e69cbed ("ARM: GIC: avoid routing
> > interrupts to offline CPUs"). So I will check again.
>
> Why is a per cpu interrupt having an irq_set_affinity() function at all?

Actually, the interrupt of MCT in EXYNOS4210 is SPI(Shared Peripheral Interrupt), which can be routed to any CPUs.
Since its default affinity is 0 so if it is used on CPU1, needs to irq_set_affinity to CPU1 before using it.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.