CODEC support for s3c2440

GIGIN JOSE gigin_jose at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 28 01:29:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am using s3c2440 with linux 2.6.30. The camera driver for s3c2440
currently supports preview mode. Should I enable my camera to RGB
configuration to interface with the processor ?

The camera device also gives YCbCr output.How can I configure
the processor to see the YCbCr output from the camera ? Is it
necessary that I should enable the codec mode of the s3c2440
camera controller to get the YCbCr output.

What is the advantage of using codec path of the camera
controller with respect to the preview path ?

Thank You