[GIT PULL] omap cleanup part1 for v3.2 merge window

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Sep 20 17:34:43 EDT 2011

On Saturday 17 September 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
>
> Please pull the first part of omap cleanup from:
>
> git://github.com/tmlind/linux.git cleanup
>
> This series cleans up early_init functions and removes
> CHIP_IS macro usage. This makes it easier to have SoC
> specific init functions so adding support for new omap
> variants does not require patching all over the place.

One more thing: my randconfig tests are running now and
have spit out a new error after merging lost of stuff
today:

arch/arm/mach-omap2/built-in.o: In function `omap_zoom_init':
/home/arnd/linux-arm/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-zoom.c:117: undefined reference to `board_nand_init'
make[1]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
make[1]: Target `_all' not remade because of errors.
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: Target `_all' not remade because of errors.

It's not clear to me if this is actually caused by one of your
changes, or just a mismerge of some sort. I've attached
the defconfig that was used for your reference.

Also, I've got a branch with lots of omap specific randconfig
patches at

git://git.linaro.org/people/arnd/linux.git randconfig/omap

Probably not all of them are correct, but it would be nice
if you could take a look and cherry-pick the ones you like.

	Arnd