Link failures due to __bug_table in current -next

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Sep 19 15:16:17 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 08:06:03PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> Yeah, it's a shame it doesn't include the disambiguated short ID in the
> standard git log output (which is what I always grep if I'm trying to
> search commit messages).  I've never seen a way to tell git to use %H
> instead of %h there by default that doesn't require me to start copying
> scripts or whatever between machines all the time.

I'm in two minds over this:

[format]
        pretty = %h %s

which I currently have in my ~/.gitconfig file.  It means that I always
get git log output as:

38c0a0c Merge branches 'apei', 'bz-13195' and 'doc' into acpi
b6fd41e Linux 3.1-rc6
8cb3ed17 Merge branch 'drm-fixes' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux4c75278 Merge branch 'fixes' of git://git.linaro.org/people/arnd/arm-soc
14d01ff ioctl: register LTTng ioctl

rather than the more usual medium-pretty output.  I can get that by
using git log --pretty=medium.  The alternative to that is to use
shell aliases to pass the --pretty= argument for a gitslog alias -
or I believe you can create git command aliases in the ~/.gitconfig file.
(Never tried it yet, something I need to look at.)