READ THIS: the next mach-types update

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Sat Sep 17 10:34:27 EDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 07:58:20PM +0530, Pedanekar, Hemant wrote:
> But since I had submitted v1 (see [1]) and am working on v2 post review, can you
> please suggest how to go about it as I will need the above for adding support
> for TI8148 EVM?

The answer you require is in this statement:

# This is a cut-down version of the file; it contains only machines that
# are merged into mainline or have been edited in the machine database
# within the last 12 months.  References to machine_is_NAME() do not count!

which highlights the policy.  The key thing there is "edited".