[GIT PULL] Samsung Fixes for v3.1-rc7

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Fri Sep 16 21:02:38 EDT 2011

Greg KH wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 08:50:51PM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> > Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> > know.

> > > Thanks, pulled.
> > >
> > > Is it correct that you want none of these patches to be backported
> > > into the stable or longterm releases? Some of these look like they
> > > should be marked 'Cc: stable at kernel.org'.
> > >
> > (Cc'ed Greg K-H)
> >
> > Yes, you're right. Some patches are needed to sent to stable at kernel.org.
> > But unfortunately, when they have been submitted, there was no 'Cc:
> > stable at kernel.org'...
>
> What do you mean?  Do you mean you just forgot to add them, or you
> created them so long ago before there was a stable at kernel.org?

I mean I didn't add them before sending 'pull request' during -rc :(

> > In this case, I'm not sure which following method is proper...
> > - to send 'pull request' to Greg / stable at kernel.org like bug fix during
-rc
> > - to submit each patches with adding 'Cc: stable at kernel.org' again
> > - or ?
>
> Are these in Linus's tree already?  If so, send me the git commit ids
> and I will add them to the stable kernels.

In this case, not yet. But there are some bug fixing patches which have been
accepted in mainline not in stable.

> If not, wait until they are, and then send me the git commit ids, and I
> will then add them.

OK, let you know what git commit is needed to apply into stable.

> Before they get to Linus, there's nothing I can do with them, and I
> don't accept pull requests as that makes no sense when it comes to the
> stable kernel patch flow.

OK, I didn't know about the stable kernel patch flow exactly.

> Does this help?

Sure, thank you so much.
Have a nice weekend :)

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.