Freescale i.mx25 SDIO/Libertas issue

Albert albert.arquer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:59:12 EDT 2011

Hi people, my company is also considering developing a platform for
the MX25 including a wifi module based on marvell's 8686 chip using
the SDIO interface. I am not very experienced in the topic and right now
 we are only trying to establish some especifications and making a budget.
I just wanted to know wether it is hard to get all this going.

I have read all this thread but i don't really get what the real problem is,
specially when somebody talks about some firmware and kernel configuration....

I just expected to connect the module to the SDIO bus loading the driver
the and configuring some stuff (wifi-network, access key etc.) what am I missing?
I just wanna know if a rocky like me will be able to pull through with all this.

Thanks a lot :P