READ THIS: the next mach-types update

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Thu Sep 15 10:50:22 EDT 2011

On 11:25 Thu 15 Sep     , Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> I'm going to be merging a mach-types update (the cut-down and the
> policy-conforming version) for the next merge window.  This will mean
> that things WILL BREAK, and I will not notice that things have broken.
>
> In order to fix this, entries need to be fixed to conform to the
> requirements - where the machine_is_xxx() name is the same as the
> MACH_TYPE_xxx name and the CONFIG_MACH_xxx name too.
>
> Moreover, entries older than 12 months which have not been merged will
> be removed.  It is not possible to automatically check for machine_is_xxx()
> usages as these could conflict with other architectures, and I'm
> certainly NOT checking for them by hand (I estimate that'd take a
> significant amount of manual effort to do.)  What that means is that it
> is _important_ to get the core platform support in _first_ before any
> drivers which may make use of this.
>
> The following will be deleted from the file this time around are:
> -ts_x09                  MACH_TS209              TS209                   1565
> -at572d940hfek           MACH_AT572D940HFEB      AT572D940HFEB           1783
can be dropped the at572d940hfek as the at572d940hf is drop from mainline

Russell an you confirm you will re-add the usb-a9g20 and the folowing one

usb_a9g20               MACH_USB_A9G20          USB_A9G20               1841
qil_a9g20               MACH_QIL_A9G20          QIL_A9G20               1844
tny_a9260               MACH_TNY_A9260          TNY_A9260               2058
tny_a9g20               MACH_TNY_A9G20          TNY_A9G20               2059
tny_a9263               MACH_TNY_A9263          TNY_A9263               2140

I'm working on there port mainline

I add the usb_a9g20 recently and will continue in the following weeks

Best Regards,
J.