OMAP2+: hwmod: remove OMAP_CHIP*

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Wed Sep 14 18:59:17 EDT 2011

Hello Aaro,

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Aaro Koskinen wrote:

> Should the timer12 be also removed from the common omap3xxx_hwmods
> list, as it is not available on (some?) HS devices. See
> e.g. <http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=129433066521102&w=2>
>
> Currently RM-680 boot is broken because of this.

Hmmm.  I guess the software that boots the HS devices can pick and choose
which of the secure devices to make available to Linux.  So I guess that
on HS/EMU devices, we'd have to assume that all of the HS devices (e.g.
GPT12) are unavailable?

Does that approach make sense?

If so, maybe we can add a fix patch on top of these cleanup patches that
handles that...

- Paul