[RFC 7/8] drivers: introduce rpmsg, a remote-processor messaging bus

Ohad Ben-Cohen ohad at wizery.com
Wed Sep 14 14:38:43 EDT 2011

Hi Rusty,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Ohad Ben-Cohen <ohad at wizery.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Rusty Russell <rusty at rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:18:33 +0300, Ohad Ben-Cohen <ohad at wizery.com> wrote:
>>> +#define VIRTIO_ID_RPMSG              10 /* virtio remote processor messaging */
>>
>> I think you want 6.  Plan 9 jumped ahead to grab 9 :)
>
> 6 it is :)

Looking at the virtio-spec, it seems that 6 is taken by 'ioMemory'.
There's no indication for it in virtio_ids.h though, and the
virtio-spec has no appendix for this id, so maybe it's available after
all ?

If it is available, I'll take it for rpmsg, and will also update
virtio-spec appropriately. Otherwise, we'll settle on 7 ? :)

Thanks,
Ohad.