[GIT PULL] CPU mapping platform updates for 3.2

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Fri Sep 2 04:38:17 EDT 2011

Hi Nicolas,

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 04:34:25AM +0100, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Will Deacon wrote:
>
> > Hi Arnd,
> >
> > Please pull the following CPU mapping patches for 3.2. Russell has merged
> > the core changes into his for-next branch, so this pull is based against
> > that (following the merging discussion we had previously). I can rebase
> > onto next/master if you prefer.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Will
> >

> > The following changes since commit 3ad29450aa243a318fae5d50bdc918760436bb02:
> >
> >   Merge branch 'devel-stable' into for-next (2011-08-28 10:41:19 +0100)
>
> No, please don't use that as a base.  This commit is likely to vanish
> the next time RMK reconstructs his for-next branch.  You should instead
> base those patches on the actual branch tip that RMK merged from you.

D'oh, I thought this might happen. The problem I have is that my core
patches depend on one from Vincent Guittot ("ARM: 7011/1: Add ARM cpu
topology definition"), so I ended up sending my changes via Russell's patch
system.

How about I cherry pick Vincent's patch and my core changes out of next and
use that as a base (on top of -rc4)?

Will