[AT91 PULL] defconfig pullrequest

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Nov 23 16:15:08 EST 2011

On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 02:35 AM, Olof Johansson :
> > On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
> > <plagnioj at jcrosoft.com> wrote:

> >> I forget to mention it but there was an agreement with arnd durring the kernel
> >> summit to pull the defconfig part and let the gpio go for 3.3
> >
> > Ok. I'll defer to Arnd when he's back next week then!
>
> Arnd, ping?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I looked at

  git://github.com/at91linux/linux-at91.git j/for-arnd-defconfig

again, and the changes in there do not match the description, so I'm not
pulling them like this:

1. The series was not rebased to leave out the gpio patches, the HEAD of
the branch still contains them.

2. The patches are described as 'rename ...config to ...config', but they
actually modify the files as well.

3. There are in fact merge conflicts against 3.2-rc2.

I can still take the changes, but please rebase them. It would also be
better to split the patches on functional changes, instead of per file,
and make sure that each patch only does what the description says, like:

* ARM: at91: enable additional boards in existing defconfig files
* ARM: at91: refresh defconfig files for 3.2
* ARM: at91: rename defconfig files appropriately

	Arnd