-next fails to boot as of today on S3C6410

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Nov 23 09:55:18 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 02:33:22PM +0000, Jamie Iles wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 01:50:34PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> > It looks like there's a second bug breaking the boot in there - testing
> > your commit the board boots but if I test the tip of Russell's for-next
> > then that breaks again.  I'm just starting another bisect and
> > considering sending a patch to add a git finger-point alias.

> Thanks for your patience Mark!  Please let me know if there's anything I
> can do to help.

My bisect turned up a second candidate - Nicholas' commit 549158d (ARM:
move iotable mappings within the vmalloc region).  I reverted that and
subsequent commits depending on it and my system now appears to boot
fine with -next (with OF turned on to get the ops for the VIC).  This
code is all a bit deep for me so I've no real idea what might be wrong.