orion/kirkwood and device tree

Michael Walle michael at walle.cc
Wed Nov 16 18:34:02 EST 2011

Am Freitag 04 November 2011, 10:21:59 schrieb Simon Guinot:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 10:50:59PM +0100, Michael Walle wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag 03 November 2011, 19:47:45 schrieb Jason:
> > > Michael,

> > > This is great!  I was having trouble figuring out how to do the
> > > interrupt controller, and you have that.  I'll look more closely this
> > > evening.
> > >
> > > My only comment so far is that I think a lot of what you have in
> > > lschlv2.dts can be in kirkwood.dtsi.  That way other boards don't have
> > > to copy it (serial, spi, ehci, wdt, rtc, crypto).
> >
> > yeah i had it there and it should be definitely put back to
> > kirkwood.dtsi. the reason i've put it into lschv2.dts atm is that there
> > is the clock property for every device, which may be different for
> > different platforms.
> >
> > > Oh, also, I think the board-dt.c should be pulling the phys addresses
> > > from the dt, it looks like you're still relying on the #defines...
> >
> > i haven't looked at ethernet/mdio yet ;)
>
> It is good to see some work to add DT support for Kirkwood SoCs.
>
> What are your plans concerning the MPPs configuration ? Is it possible to
> embed this configuration into a DT ?
I guess it have to ;)

> What kind of node could hold a such information ?

What do you think about sth like the following:

	mpp at f1010000 {
		compatible = "marvell,kirkwood-mpp";
		interrupts = <35 36 37 38 39 40 41>;
		gpio-conf = <10 0   /* HDD Power Enable */
		             11 0   /* USB Vbus Enable */
		             18 0   /* FAN High Enable# */
		             19 0   /* FAN Low Enable# */
		             36 0   /* Function Blue LED */
		             37 0   /* Alarm LED */
		             38 0   /* Info LED */
		             39 0   /* Power LED */
		             40 0   /* Fan Lock */
		             41 0   /* Function Button */
		             42 0   /* Power Switch */
		             43 0   /* Power Auto Switch */
		             48 0>; /* Function Red LED */
	};

gpio-conf is an array with <mpp num, mpp sel> tuples.

--
Michael