Crash when memset of shared mapped memory in ARM

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Wed Nov 16 06:54:35 EST 2011

(Replying to Russell so as to lose the -request addresses)

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 08:45:47AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> Please do not spam mailing lists -request addresses when you post.  The
> -request addresses are there for you to give the mailing list software
> _instructions_ on what to do with your subscription.  It is not for
> posts to the mailing list.

For what it's worth, I was brave/daft enough to compile and run the testcase
with an -rc1 kernel and Linaro 11.09 filesystem on the quad A9 Versatile
Express:

root at dancing-fool:~# ./yad
mmap: addr 0x20000000
root at dancing-fool:~# ./yad
shm_open: File exists
mmap: addr 0x20000000

Looks like I'm missing the fireworks, despite the weirdy MAP_SHARED |
MAP_FIXED mmap flags.

Will