[03: PATCH 0/5] The remaining stuff

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Nov 11 12:16:50 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 05:54:57PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> Part 3 - the remaining stuff
>
> These are patches which I've managed to get half way through before
> getting - to be honest - totally hacked off with the code found in
> various platforms (as mentioned in previous mails).
>
> These platforms are broken as a result of the final patch in part 2,
> and these patches move these platforms _towards_ a solution.  They
> are not a complete solution though, but the start of the solution.
>
> For instance, the Exynos4 and S5PV210 patches both consist of almost
> a full solution -but- with the new function prototype missing because
> there is _no_ local header file to put it in, and I'm damned well not
> putting it in the remote plat-samsung/include/plat headers.
>
> The final set of platforms - touched neither by part 3 nor 4, are
> broken by the final patch in part 2, and at present I have no plans
> to fix them.  I would welcome patches to fix these which address the
> issues raised in the "pet peaves" email (which is why I have no plans
> to fix them.)

The list of platforms which are still broken (today) by part 2 of this
series are:

arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/system.h
arch/arm/mach-gemini/include/mach/system.h
arch/arm/mach-nomadik/include/mach/system.h
arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/include/mach/system-reset.h
arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/include/mach/system.h
arch/arm/mach-shmobile/include/mach/system.h
arch/arm/mach-vt8500/include/mach/system.h
arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/system-reset.h
arch/arm/plat-tcc/include/mach/system.h

which require assistance to get these into shape.

As I've already implied, I'm quite prepared to break these platforms at
the next merge window for the greater good if there's no sign of
maintainers willing to help sort them out - which will then ultimately
result in them being deleted from mainline.