Error for machine_is_m28evk

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Nov 8 09:45:35 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 02:05:58PM +0000, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 01:37:44PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > (b) with the loss of facilities like kautobuild (no one noticed for six
> >     months that simtec had shut it down...), we have lost any kind of
> >     automated detection for these kinds of issues.
>
> Have Simtec /actually/ shut this down, or did it just die when kernel.org
> was hacked and nobody has poked it since then?

I talked to Vince yesterday - it was shut down at the end of May,
before the kernel.org problem.  Apparantly, it was announced on the
kautobuild mailing list and there was no reaction to that either.

As I understand it, it become uneconomic to continue with the effort,
both on terms of running the backend (Vince used to run that himself)
or in terms of developing a replacement (a clustered build farm.)

Given that no one noticed that it had been shut down, that reinforced
the point that it wasn't a useful exercise to have running (because,
if it was, people would've noticed it wasn't updating and would've said
something.)