[03: PATCH 0/5] The remaining stuff

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Nov 8 04:00:36 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 04:00:16PM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> >
> > Part 3 - the remaining stuff
> >
> > These are patches which I've managed to get half way through before
> > getting - to be honest - totally hacked off with the code found in
> > various platforms (as mentioned in previous mails).
> >
> > These platforms are broken as a result of the final patch in part 2,
> > and these patches move these platforms _towards_ a solution.  They
> > are not a complete solution though, but the start of the solution.
> >
> > For instance, the Exynos4 and S5PV210 patches both consist of almost
> > a full solution -but- with the new function prototype missing because
> > there is _no_ local header file to put it in, and I'm damned well not
> > putting it in the remote plat-samsung/include/plat headers.
> >
> Russell,
>
> The new restart prototype for s5pv210 and exynos can be placed in their
> respective<mach/system.h>file.

No - mach/system.h will be removed once arch_idle is gone as well.  In
any case, this should not be in a mach/*.h file.  There should be a
header in the arch/arm/mach-* directory for functions and data structures
local _only_ to the files in that directory.

Please read my 'pet peaves' email, point 4.