[GIT PULL] Samsung Exynos for v3.2

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Tue Nov 8 00:00:19 EST 2011

Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> On Sunday 06 November 2011, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> > As I replied, I re-based 'next-samsung-exynos' based on latest mainline.
> >
> > So changes since previous pull request:
> >
> > The following changes since commit
> c861cd3e92d92ae946e19099f198018fcb4fd887:
> >
> >    Merge branch 'next/devel2' of
> > git://git.linaro.org/people/arnd/arm-soc (2011-11-05 18:21:21 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> >    git://github.com/kgene/linux-samsung.git next-samsung-exynos
> >
> > Others same, if any problems, please kindly let me know.
>
> Ok, looks good. I'll forward the pull request right away.

Thanks and I checked they are in mainline now :)

> One thing that I noticed in your new Kconfig file is this however:
>
> | choice
> |         prompt "EXYNOS System Type"
> |         default ARCH_EXYNOS4
> | config ARCH_EXYNOS4
> |         bool "SAMSUNG EXYNOS4"
> |         help
> |           Samsung EXYNOS4 SoCs based systems
> | endchoice
>
> This looks like the idea is to make the future EXYNOS5 and later SoCs a
> separate "choice" that is mutually exclusive with EXYNOS4.
>
> This seems to be a significant limitation considering that we are working
> hard on making all platforms coexist in the same kernel binary.
>
> Are there strong technical reasons why you could not build EXYNOS4 and
> EXYNOS5 into a combined kernel? If this is at all possible, I would
> recommend trying hard to do it when you add EXYNOS5.

Yes, as you pointed out, I need to sort out the physical addresses
(mach/map.h) and interrupt numbers (mach/irqs.h) for single zImage on exynos
now. But I think, the 'choice' will be changed to just 'config' for
multi-selecting when EXYNOS5 is supported.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.