PLEASE FIX: lack of trailing , on structure initializers

Nicolas Ferre nicolas.ferre at atmel.com
Mon Nov 7 06:36:44 EST 2011

On 11/05/2011 05:48 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux :
> The lack of trailing ','s on initializers is causing me quite an amount
> of grief while trying to prepare the set of patches for arch_reset.
> It's really annoying to add a new initializer at the end of a structure,
> not notice the lack of trailing ',' on the last entry, and then end up
> having to rework the patches because of that.  E.g.:
>
> arch/arm/mach-orion5x/mv2120-setup.c:238: error: request for member ■restart■ in something not a structure or union
>
> caused by the lack of trailing comma for the .fixup initializer on the
> preceding line.
>
> We have around 778 of these in arch/arm, and it's about time that number
> started to be reduced.  This will cause a lot of conflicts, so the
> earlier it can be done in the cycle (and merged into each platform tree)
> the less (hopefully) it'll conflict with other work that goes through
> the appropriate maintainer tree.

Hi Russell,

We have a dozen of those missing trailing ',' in mach-at91.
But as you mentioned in your other email, we may need to wait for
another change in the concerned files to fix this. Am I right?

So we keep this in mind...

Best regards,
--
Nicolas Ferre