[RFC 0/5] restart cleanups

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:22:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 02:58:02PM +0100, Andrea Adami wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
>> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

>> > Thanks, I've now committed a change which removes the indirection
>> > entirely from poodle.
>> >
>> Hi, sorry for the late reply
>>
>> I'm playing with poodle and I can confirm that poweroff does indeed
>> not work with 2.6.3x kernels.
>> See this thread:
>> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/zaurus-devel/2011-May/000501.html
>
> Okay, at least we know that restart works with that.
Yes, indeed

> I'm not offering to try and change the poweroff behaviour for the better,
> as I know absolutely nothing about the Zaurus platforms.

I see, np. I'm just puzzled because after a cold reset (pulling
battery out) poodle is acting as if powered off and does not restart
itself.
Apparently we cannot reach this state again after boot.

FYI the modern zaurus (corgi and spitz) do
suspend/resume/poweroff/restart flawlessy so it's only this machine
failing poweroff (and maybe collie, no idea).

Regards

Andrea