[GIT PULL 0/13 (12)] arm-soc updates

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Nov 2 00:20:27 EDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:

> I have a series of 12 pull requests for the arm-soc tree, a total of 409
> non-merge commits. Feel free to pull either the for-linus branch that contains
> the lot with all conflicts resolved or the individual pull requests.

Ok, I did the individual merges, because I really want to know what
horrible things go on there. Ugh.

But I did compare it against your pre-merged thing, and there are some
differences. I think my version of the arch/arm/mach-omap2/Makefile
thing is better, for example (you seem to have the OMAP4_PANDA and
OMAP3517EVM boards duplicated). And the arch/arm/plat-omap/devices.c
difference is just a matter of taste.

But the arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-generic.c difference is real. You
left a lot more header file includes in place, while my merge looked
at the previous commits and merges that removed a lot of them - and
followed suit. Maybe there was some reason you didn't? Also, your tree
removed the atag_offset lines that weren't even content conflicts, and
again, there may have been some reason for that?

But the differences ended up so small that I'm not worrying about it,
and I pushed it out. If there are issues with those differences,
holler (and send me a patch).

                    Linus