How to port linux to my own board?

Frank Xue xuexucheng at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 03:47:29 EDT 2011

Hi, nice guys
I am a hardware designer, but also interested in linux. but I am a begginner.
I konw the kernel already support many arm processer. e.g. s3c2440.
I want design a board of s3c2440 by myself and learn running linux on it.
Of cource, I can reference some demo board. But I want kown how to port linux to
my own board.
i.e. where the source codes should be changed to adpate my board? some address?
how to change? and why to change? how many change? how can I change all and do
not miss everywhere?
Thanks in advance!

Frank