[RFC] What is the preferred way to share ADC unit between hwmon and input(ts) drivers?

Ithamar R. Adema ithamar.adema at team-embedded.nl
Fri May 6 10:13:26 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 14:43 +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> The touch screen element should definitely be in input though so
> you will need a solution to the problem of shared registers.

Would it be worth considering generalizing the model that s3c uses[1]
for adc? I've reused that for at least two other platforms already,
though not mainlined (yet).

It could make for a good /drivers/adc/ base IMHO. Any opinions?

Regards,

Ithamar.

[1]:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/plat-samsung/adc.c