[v2 0/7] OMAP: GPIO: Use PM runtime framework

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Wed May 4 02:19:05 EDT 2011

* Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> [110504 00:37]:
> 2011/5/3 Kevin Hilman <khilman at ti.com>:
>
> > Are you OK with a move of the current OMAP GPIO drivers (rather ugly)
> > into drivers/gpio first, followed by the cleanup/restructure patches?
>
> In my case I actually did some cleanup after moving the driver for
> U300, but I think this is a question to the GPIO maintainer who
> I want to ACK this stuff in the end.
>
> Grant?
>
> You can always squash it later ...

Personally I would prefer absolutely minimal clean-up of current
code before moving to drivers/gpio to cut down the "crazy churn" in
arch/arm/. Also then further changes are easier for the GPIO
maintainers to review.

Of course I understand that this might cause extra load for the
GPIO maintainers, so it's up to the GPIO maintainers to set the
required standards before accepting the code into drivers/gpio.

Regards,

Tony