No subject

Mon Jun 27 16:47:34 EDT 2011

design can go up to 1.5GHz. But only two of the 628's Sheeva cores run
at the full 1.5GHz. The third one is down-clocked to 624MHz, and
interesting design choice that saves on power but adds some extra
utility. In a sense, the 628 could be called a 2.5-core design."

Are we mistaken in thinking that sched_mc can not currently handle
this usecase? How would we 'tune' sched_mc to do this w/o playing with
cpu_power?

> Although I would really like to kill all those different
> sched_*_power_savings knobs and reduce it to one.
>
>> If the cpu_power is
>> higher than 1024, the cpu is no more seen out of capacity by the
>> load_balance as soon as a short process is running and teh main result
>> is that the small tasks will stay on the same cpu. This configuration
>> is mainly usefull for ARM dual core system when we want to power gate
>> one cpu. I use cyclictest to simulate such use case.
>
> Yeah, but that's wrong.

What is wrong - the use case simulation using cyclictest? Can you
suggest better tools?

Regards,
/Amit

[1] http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2010/09/marvells-tri-core-chip-has-=