No subject

Mon Jun 27 16:47:34 EDT 2011

this in Mainline versions. I think we have to do something.

Maybe we can handle this in a way that when no bad block table is
present we create one with the correct values? This way we could
eliminate the problem at least on boards with virgin flashes.

This whole topic totally sucks. Whatever we do now we end up with
corrupted flashes in one way or the other.

BTW the Bootrom code expects non swapped flash layout, so applying
a swap patch makes it impossible to update the bootloader in NAND.
Maybe that's the reason the FSL code has this disable_bi_swap sysfs
attribute in it.

Not calling this a bug makes me think you work for the Freescale
marketing department ;)

Sascha