Git pull request: 64-bit atomic user helper

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Thu Jun 30 10:29:39 EDT 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 09:54:07PM -0400, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> > Russell, please pull the following for the next merge window:
> >
> > 	git://git.linaro.org/people/nico/linux.git cmpxchg64
> >
> > This series cleans up the kuser documentation, then it adds 64-bit
> > cmpxchg support as needed by some user space applications.
> >
> > Tested with the initial libgcc patches relying on this, using a
> > kernel that has this series applied, and another without those
> > patches to verify that the test for the availability of the needed
> > helper does work as intended.
> >
> > Nicolas Pitre (2):
> >       ARM: kuser: move interface documentation out of the source code
> >       ARM: add a kuser_cmpxchg64 user space helper
> >
> >  Documentation/arm/kernel_user_helpers.txt |  267 +++++++++++++++++++++++
> >  arch/arm/kernel/entry-armv.S              |  246 ++++++++-------------
>
> As these clash with the entry rework which I have, I'd much prefer
> them to be in patch form rather than git form so I don't have to keep
> remembering to fix the (broken) git rerere merge.  git rerere is fine
> if you get it right first time but if not, then it keeps doing it wrong
> each and every time.

In that case you may use

	git rerere forget <pathspec>

and it will discard any resolution it has in cache for that path, at
which point you'll be able to have it record another one.

Alternatively you may cherry-pick or rebase this branch as you see fit,
which should be even simpler than if I put them in the patch system.

Nicolas