[RFC 1/8] drivers: add generic remoteproc framework

Grosen, Mark mgrosen at ti.com
Mon Jun 27 19:54:30 EDT 2011

Yes, in many cases the boot_address will be defined by the HW. However, we have
processors that are "soft" - the boot_address comes from the particular firmware
being loaded and can (will) be different with each firmware image. We factored
out the firmware loader to be device-independent (in remoteproc.c) so it's not
repeated in each device-specific implementation like omap_remoteproc.c and
davinci_remoteproc.c. In the cases where the HW dictates what happens, the start()
method should just ignore the boot_address.

Mark