Duration of mdelay and udelay depends on MPU frequency in SMP

Stephen Boyd sboyd at codeaurora.org
Mon Jun 13 23:24:27 EDT 2011

On 06/10/2011 03:19 PM, Menon, Nishanth wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 01:42, Santosh Shilimkar
> <santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's a well known problem if the udelay() is based of global lpj.
>> You can read more here [1]
>>
>> Regards
>> Santosh
>> [1] http://eeek.borgchat.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg120702.html
> I am curious about this topic now.
> Searching Russel's patchworks for this:
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/search.php?summary=udelay
> I see nothing queued. What is the recommendation for udelay?

The patches are sitting in Russell's patch tracker, waiting for him to
accept/reject them.

http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=6874/1
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=6875/1
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=6873/1