ARM/DT: registering clks from DT in .init_early

Jamie Iles jamie at jamieiles.com
Thu Jun 9 12:45:57 EDT 2011

I'm currently working on moving our platform to device tree with the aim
of mainlining it.  Before device tree we registered the clks in the
.init_early machine callback which is fine as the clks are static data.
I'm now trying to dynamically register these clks from the device tree
but the slab allocator isn't available at this stage so I can't allocate
them dynamically.

Am I heading in the wrong direction here?  We currently get the
clocksource and clock event frequency from a clk so I don't think this
can be made later (though I guess this could come from device tree
instead).

Jamie