[RFC 1/6] omap: iommu: generic iommu api migration

Ohad Ben-Cohen ohad at wizery.com
Tue Jun 7 08:27:55 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com> wrote:
> My point is that if the allocator guarantees the alignment (not as a side
> effect of the implementation, but per its API) there's no need to check it
> again. As the alignement is required, we need an allocator that guarantees it
> anyway.

I understand, but I'd still prefer to have an explicit check that the
hardware alignment requirement is met.

There's no cost in doing that (it's a cold path), and even if it would
only fail once and with an extremely broken kernel - it's worth it.
Will save huge amount of debugging pain (think of the poor guy that
will have to debug this...).

Thanks,
Ohad.