[RFC 1/2] ARM:Tegra: Device Tree Support: Initialize the audio card from the device tree.

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jun 2 17:36:56 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 10:04:45AM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> Right now we can't do dynamic registration for on-chip devices in a
> lot of cases because we don't have the infrastructure to hook up the
> associated struct clks.

I've been wondering about this, and I don't see it as a blocking problem
as you seem to be.

I assume platform devices have stable names when they're created from
the device tree?  If yes, there's no problem having the DT start to
describe the SoC specific devices _today_ - all that the clk API using
clkdev requires is a stable device name.