conflicts between omap/cleanup branch and omap_dss2 tree

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Thu Jul 21 03:19:44 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 14:59 +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 July 2011, Archit Taneja wrote:
> > Tomi is on vacation right now, but he checks his mail once in a while,
> > so we may get a response soon.
> >
> > Tomi's for-next branch is not up to date yet. So it shouldn't be
> > considered for now. The HWMOD patches in Tomi's for-next branch will be
> > pushed by Paul as 3.1-rc fixes.
> >
> > We will make a temporary branch which will contain all the DSS2 patches
> > which Tomi intended to push for this merge window, once he gets a
> > chance, he can quickly update his for-next branch with it.
>
> Ok, just let me know when you upload that branch so I can remove the
> dependency from the arm-soc tree. Right now, I'm pulling the
> omap_dss2/for_next branch into arm-soc/for_next as a dependency
> to resolve the conflict.

I've pushed a new for-next branch to
git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux.git for-next. However, I
decided to just reset it to -rc4 for now.

The latest DSS code does not work without bunch of HWMOD/omap_device
patches so I'm not sure if there's any point to push the code to
linux-next which, afaik, does not currently have those HWMOD/omap_device
patches (Paul, correct me if I'm wrong).

 Tomi