conflicts between omap/cleanup branch and omap_dss2 tree

Archit Taneja archit at ti.com
Tue Jul 19 08:27:57 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Monday 18 July 2011 01:38 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Arnd Bergmann<arnd at arndb.de>  [110717 14:36]:
>> Hi Paul and Tomi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get the arm-soc tree integrated into linux-next, but right
>> now that fails because of lots of conflicts in the arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock44xx_data.c
>> and arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_44xx_data.c files.
>>
>> I've done a dumb resolution by pulling in the omap_dss2/for_next tree as a
>> depedency and taking Tomi's version of the files, which is probably wrong
>> but lets Stephen at least take the arm-soc tree.
>
> Yes that's the wrong way around for these files..
>
>> Please fix this properly in either the omap or the omap_dss2 trees.
>
> The clock and hwmod data patches should get queued by Benoit and Paul,
> so I'm suspecting these are some of Tomi's patches still in development.
>
> Tomi can you please check what you have in for-next?

Tomi is on vacation right now, but he checks his mail once in a while,
so we may get a response soon.

Tomi's for-next branch is not up to date yet. So it shouldn't be
considered for now. The HWMOD patches in Tomi's for-next branch will be
pushed by Paul as 3.1-rc fixes.

We will make a temporary branch which will contain all the DSS2 patches
which Tomi intended to push for this merge window, once he gets a
chance, he can quickly update his for-next branch with it.

Archit