[i.MX28 GPMI] problem overwriting all-0xff data in NAND

Huang Shijie b32955 at freescale.com
Tue Jul 19 03:03:45 EDT 2011

于 2011年07月19日 14:02, Lothar Waßmann 写道:
> Hi,
>
> Huang Shijie writes:
>> hi  Lothar:

>>> To be clear, the author of gpmi-nfc driver is Huang Shijie (Cc-ed).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Shawn

>> The GPMI driver now does not support the JFFS2 very well.
>> The JFFS2 will write the OOB, while the BCH of GPMI will use the OOB too.
>>
> I have applied a patch (from the Freescale BSPs) that prevents JFFS2
> from using the OOB area. But this still doesn't help.

Could you show the log ?

>> So I have to disable the JFFS2 to use the OOB. I have not finish the
>> code about it now.
>>
>> I recommend you use the UBIFS. But the latest version of GPMI driver
>> meets a DMA bug.
>> I am debugging the DMA bug now. and I will send it out when i fix it.
>>
> What sort of DMA bug?

The DMA may time-out. :(

The DMA time-out may occur in two situations:
[1] send a command DMA descriptor, see the nfc->send_command() function.
[2] read the non-ecc data from nand, see the nfc->read_data() function.

I don't know why. Maybe caused by the timing, or something else.

Best Regards
Huang Shijie