CMOS camera interface on ARM

GIGIN JOSE gigin_jose at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jul 14 07:20:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am working on ARM9 based linux embedded system. I need to
interface a CMOS camera on the SoC. The processor I use is
samsung s3c2416, which does not have a camera interface.
The linux version I use is 2.6.21

With the standard resolutions(640*480) and fps
 (~25 fps) configured on the camera, I am getting the
clock rates as below:
Master clock: 24 MHz
Pixel Clock : 8MHz
HSYNC       : 20KHz
VSYNC       : 25Hz

The Bit Resolution I use is 8bpp.

Using the regular interrupt lines (external interrupts),
 will I be able to read the 8 bit camera data coming
with each pixel ? Can I do this with regular IRQ interrupt
 or should I configure my interrupts to be FIQ ?
Is there any generic driver available for this
kind of interface in linux. What is the interrupt
 latency if I configure the external interrupts in FIQ mode
and IRQ mode ?

Thank You