[GIT PULL] omap board updates for v3.1 merge window

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Jul 8 04:54:01 EDT 2011

On Friday 08 July 2011 10:30:42 Tony Lindgren wrote:

> * Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> [110707 13:36]:
> > On Thursday 07 July 2011 18:29:11 Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > Please pull omap board updates from:
> > >
> > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6.git devel-board
> > >
> > > These are currently on top of the fixes you pulled earlier but
> > > could be also rebased on the earlier cleanup if you prefer that.
> >
> > I would generally prefer them to be independent, even if that causes
> > minor conflicts. If some branches are built on top of others, that
> > mainly means I have to remember the order in which to send them
> > upstream, and my memory for these things is limited.
>
> Sure. So let's wait on this one a bit. I'll send you some more cleanup
> first as I just noticed that the TWL cleanup series will conflict with
> these patches.

Sorry for being unclear, I forgot to say that I did in fact pull your tree
already.

> I need to base these board files on all the cleanup though, otherwise
> things will get messy with merge and build conflicts.
>
> Unfortunately there will be dependencies between branches until we
> have the driver probe and bus (hwmod) code initializing things
> using device tree data..

I already need to stage things out a bit, because the omap fixes
depend on the omap cleanups, while the imx cleanups depend on the
pxa fixes. So it's likely going to be something like

* fixes
* cleanup
* more fixes
* more cleanup